SUPPORT OUR TEACHING GARDENS AND CLASSES
The UC Cooperative Extension Master Gardener Program of Santa Clara County is a volunteer organization sponsored by the University of California Cooperative Extension. Our mission is to extend research-based knowledge and information on home horticulture, pest management, and sustainable landscape practices to the residents of California. This is accomplished by knowledgeable volunteers who have completed a 16-week, 60+ hour training program in home horticulture and who remain certified on a yearly basis.
In 1996, the Friends of Master Gardeners of Santa Clara County (Friends of MGSCC) was created to provide financial support to the Master Gardeners of Santa Clara County. We raise needed program budget funds with plant sales, adult education classes, grants, donations and matching funds through corporations. These funds are used to build and maintain our demonstration gardens, provide materials for classes and talks, and events expenses. UC provides a small amount for our continuing education and paid staff.
Here are the ways to help fund our programs that reach out to thousands of gardeners in Santa Clara County.
- Go to Amazon Smile and sign up. Donations to us are made by Amazon as a percent of your purchases and are not charged to your account.
- Go to Escrip, sign up and select ‘Friends of Master Gardeners SCC’ on Berger Drive. Many schools use this site but we can too. Donations are from merchants at no cost to you. You can view a short video on how it works.
- Matching funds are available from local corporations through Benevity which manages donations of labor and funds from employers. Contact your Human Resources people to confirm they do participate.
- Make a direct donation to our non-profit by mailing a check to Friends of MGSCC, PO Box 5502, San Jose, CA 95150.
- Make a donation to the University of California Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners. This donation is used for internal expenses for our program, not our demonstration gardens.
- We also accept donations of garden-related items for use in our demonstration gardens or for sale at our Green Elephant Sales twice yearly. Please contact our Treasurer with donations.
We acknowledge all donations. We are a registered 501(C)3 organization and donations are fully tax deductible.