SUPPORT OUR TEACHING GARDENS AND CLASSES
The Friends of Master Gardeners of Santa Clara County (Friends of MGSCC) was created to provide financial support to the Master Gardeners of Santa Clara County. We raise needed program budget funds with plant sales, adult education classes, grants, donations, and matching funds through corporations. These funds are used to build and maintain our Master Gardener demonstration gardens, provide materials for public classes, talks, and events.
We strive to be responsible stewards of the community’s donations and ensure the Master Gardener program has diverse revenue streams. We are an all-volunteer non-profit organziation and all income, less small administrative costs, go to the Master Gardeners programs. We have no paid Board members or staff.
Results of Our work:
From gardening hoses to a greenhouse and teaching paviliion, The Friends of MGSCC and our generous donors have funded materials and capital improvements in all ten Master Gardener demonstration gardens throughout the county from Palo Alto to Gilroy.
Ways to Help:Here are the ways to help fund our programs that reach out to thousands of gardeners in Santa Clara County.
- Go to Amazon Smile and sign up. Donations to us are made by Amazon as a percent of your purchases and are not charged to your account.
- Go to Escrip, sign up and select ‘Friends of Master Gardeners SCC’ on Berger Drive. Many schools use this site but we can too. Donations are from merchants at no cost to you. You can view a short video on how it works.
- Benefit is a mobile application offered by eScript for iPhone and Android that provides a vehicle to purchase gift cards and also pay for merchandise and other goods. When you use this service and identify Friends Of Master Gardeners of Santa Clara County as the beneficiary, a direct donation is made to FOMG at no cost to the user. To find out more about Benefit, participating merchants and download the application follow this link (https://www.benefit-mobile.com).
- Matching funds are available from local corporations through Benevity which manages donations of labor and funds from employers. Contact your Human Resources people to confirm they do participate.
- Make a direct donation to our non-profit by credit card by using the link at the bottom of this page or by mailing a check to Friends of MGSCC, PO Box 5502, San Jose, CA 95150.
- Make a donation to the University of California Cooperative Extension Master Gardeners. This donation is used for internal expenses for our program, not our demonstration gardens.
- We also accept donations of garden-related items for use in our demonstration gardens or for sale at our Green Elephant Sales twice yearly. Please contact our Treasurer with donations.
We acknowledge all donations. We are a registered 501(C)3 organization and donations are fully tax deductible.